Obesity Medicine 2020 Conference
Learn the Benefits of Treating Obesity First at the Leading Obesity Conference
At the Obesity Medicine 2020 Conference this spring, shift your mindset regarding the treatment of obesity. The disease of obesity is associated with hundreds of serious chronic conditions, but those complications can be addressed efficiently and effectively when you Treat Obesity First. Treating obesity at the root will help you better manage your patients' obesity-related conditions, and it will help your patients improve their overall health for life.
The Obesity Medicine 2020 Conference is the leading medical obesity conference providing clinical obesity treatment education for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, dietitians and nutritionists, pharmacists, psychologists, allied healthcare providers, residents, and medical students. With the theme of Treat Obesity First, the conference will equip you with practical strategies to address obesity on the front lines and assess, diagnose, counsel, and treat your patients with obesity more effectively.
Meet Our Keynote Speakers
Ken Fujioka, MD
Management of Diabetes by Treating Obesity First
Friday, April 3 | 8:00-9:00 AM
Dr. Fujioka is the Director of Nutrition and Metabolic Research and Obesity Telemedicine at Scripps Clinic. He has completed over 150 clinical trials and authored over 100 peer-reviewed papers. In 1997, he started the Center for Weight Management at Scripps Clinic, which has grown from one physician to over a dozen healthcare providers that cover all aspects of obesity treatment.
Ariana Chao, PhD, CRNP
Incorporating Behavioral Health into the PCP's Office
Saturday, April 4 | 8:15-9:15 AM
Dr. Chao is an Assistant Professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. Her research interests include identifying biobehavioral mechanisms related to binge eating and obesity, and developing innovative ways to improve the treatment of binge eating disorder and obesity. In her current clinical practice, she provides medical management and cognitive and behavioral obesity treatment for participants enrolled in research studies.
Yoni Freedhoff, MD
The Mythology of Modern Day Dieting
Saturday, April 4 | 9:15-10:15 AM
Dr. Freedhoff is an Associate Professor of Family Medicine, the Medical Director of the Bariatric Medical Institute, and an outspoken public health advocate. His book, The Diet Fix, was a number one national bestseller, and his blog Weighty Matters, has enjoyed over 22,000,000 visits.
Treat Obesity First at Obesity Medicine 2020
- Apply evidence-based guidelines to the clinical treatment of obesity using the four pillar approach: nutrition, physical activity, behavior, and medication
- Address, prevent, and treat obesity in a busy primary care practice
- Understand the science and treatment of food addiction
- Learn how to select meal plans and make specific dietary recommendations to meet patients' unique needs
- Gain practical strategies to address both obesity and mental health
- Explore the potential underlying causes of obesity
Experience More Than Just a Conference
- Explore the stunning city of Phoenix and the surrounding desert
- Socialize with other healthcare providers during networking events and happy hours
- Stay active with daily fitness classes and workouts
- Get to know your fellow OMA members at a one-of-a-kind members-only event
- Connect with industry leaders and obesity experts
- Gain firsthand advice from a mentor when you participate in the OMA mentorship program
- Find solutions for your practice in the exhibit hall with access to more than 50 vendors