Registration Now Open!
The Obesity Medicine Association Spring Conference will prepare you to treat obesity at the root to manage your patients’ obesity-related conditions and improve your patient’s overall health and quality of life. Gain practical strategies to address obesity in a primary care, specialty, or obesity medicine practice.
NEW THIS YEAR! You will have the opportunity to choose attending the Proficiency (intermediate) or Masters (advanced) Track, or a mix of both! As they say, no two patients’ are the same. OMA also believes the same to be true, that no two practitioners are the same. As an attendee, you have the opportunity to build your own personalized schedule, and create your own obesity medicine learning journey! Consider yourself a master in anti-obesity medications, but more intermediate in nutrition? You can customize your session schedule to fit your needs!
Join us in Atlanta, April 27-May 1, or virtually through the Digital Experience (DX), May 18-21!
- Spring Obesity Summit
- Review Course for the ABOM Exam (Pre-conference Event)
- Fundamentals of Obesity Treatment (Pre-conference Event) PLEASE NOTE: As of 5/13/22, the Fundamentals of Obesity Treatment DX course is SOLD OUT. However, the course will be offered again, virtually, in July 2022. Click here to learn more or register for the July event.
Expand upon your foundational knowledge in obesity treatment and medicine. Sessions during this track will focus on the integration of skills in obesity medicine with an emphasis on practical treatment strategies, treating patients in special populations, and the essentials in obesity medicine. The Obesity Medicine 2022 Conference sessions during this track will focus on:
- Essentials of anti-obesity medications
- Treating obesity in special populations and how to appropriately modify your care
- Understanding various nutritional diets and creating a personal meal plan for your patients
- Emphasizing the role of physical activity in patients with obesity
These advanced level interactive sessions are more specialized in nature and will enhance new knowledge and skills. Presentations will focus on case-based, real life studies that will challenge your knowledge of obesity medicine and help advance your understanding of the disease and obesity treatment strategies to the next level. Sessions during this track will focus on:
- Discussing the association between nutrition and cancer
- Prescriptive nutritional intervention using meal replacements
- Genetics and epigenetics
- Discussing various patient cases on obesity and adiposity-related diseases
- Future advances on anti-obesity medications in development
- Multidisciplinary panel discussion on complex patients
- Physical Limitations and Obesity
Meet the Keynote Speakers of the Obesity Medicine 2022 Conference
Betsy Allen Manning
Reset & Recharge: Discover Mindset & Productivity Habits That Reduce Stress, Burnout & Negativity, So You Can Enjoy Your Work & Life Again
Friday, April 29 | 8:15-9:15 AM
Featured on FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC & TEDx, Betsy Allen-Manning is an internationally recognized keynote speaker & success strategist, for high-performing leaders & teams. Betsy’s specialty is helping leaders develop both foundational & critical skills to improve performance & productivity while building a ‘great place to work’ culture.
Jason Fung, MD
Intermittent Fasting – DeMystified
Saturday, April 30 | 8:00-9:00 AM
Dr. Jason Fung is a physician (kidney specialist), researcher and New York Times best-selling author currently practicing in Toronto, Canada. trained in Los Angeles and Toronto and currently practices as a nephrologist (kidney specialist). His books, including The Obesity Code, The Complete Guide to Fasting, The Diabetes Code and The Cancer Code have challenged conventional thinking about these diseases, and introduces dietary strategies to manage them. He is the co-founder of The Fasting Method, which provides the education, tools and community needed to successfully implement intermittent fasting.
More Than Just an Obesity Conference
- Spend the unforgettable week advancing your career in obesity medicine
- Explore the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, College Football
Hall of Fame, and other fun attractions in Atlanta
- Socialize with your peers during networking events and happy hours
- Connect with industry leaders and experts in the field
- Get firsthand advice by participating in the OMA mentorship program
- Find solutions for your practice in the exhibit hall
- Get moving with the morning physical activity events offered onsite