What Is Obesity Medicine?
Obesity medicine is the field of medicine dedicated to the comprehensive care of patients with obesity. Obesity medicine combines science-based medicine with individualized obesity treatment, resulting in improved health outcomes for patients and career satisfaction for healthcare providers. Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) members are physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers who take a comprehensive, evidence-based approach to treating obesity. This approach is comprised of nutrition, physical activity, behavior, and medication – OMA's four pillars.
Spring Conference Registration Now Open!
- Apply the four pillar approach to treating obesity
- Understand the science and treatment of food addiction
- Learn how to address, prevent, and treat obesity in the outpatient setting within a busy primary care practice
- Analyze various strategies to enhance patient engagement
- Examine the relationship between innovation and clinical outcomes in obesity treatment