Registration and Cancellation Policies
By becoming a member of the Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) or registering for an OMA event, you agree to adhere by the following registration and cancellation policies.
Membership Cancellation Policy
Written notice of cancellation is required. Refunds are not granted if the membership has been active for 60 days or more; if cancelled prior to 60 days, a prorated amount minus the cost of items purchased/downloaded at the member price will be refunded. Refunds are not granted for memberships terminated due to invalid medical licenses or for our Clinician-in-Training membership type.
Fundamentals of Obesity Treatment Course Cancellation Policy
Written notice of cancellation is required. A $50 cancellation fee is deducted for cancellations received up to 3 days before the course. Refunds are not granted for cancellations received within 2 days of the course or for no-shows.
Annual Conference and OMA Summit Cancellation Policy
Written notice of cancellation is required. A $100 cancellation fee is deducted for cancellations received up to 30 days before the conference. Refunds are not granted for cancellations received within 30 days of the conference or for no-shows. If a “registration + new membership” bundle is purchased, only the registration portion of your payment is refundable.
Webinar Cancellation Policy
Written notice of cancellation is required. Webinar registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. Participants who attend the live webinar will receive the recording within five business days.
Merchandise Return Policy
Merchandise can be returned within 30 days of receipt (see list of exclusions below) for a full refund minus shipping fees if you are not satisfied with your purchase. To be eligible for a refund, your item(s) must be unused and returned in the same condition that you received it.
You can request this refund only in writing via mail or email to email@example.com.
Products should be shipped back via a traceable method such as USPS or UPS. Please enclose a copy of your original invoice with the item(s) and be sure to include your full name and address on the outside of the package.
Once we receive your item(s), we will notify you that we have received your return and will give you an update on the status of your refund.
Excluded products are as follows: All Algorithm® products, pocket guideline products, SAP products, office forms, prescriptions pads and any electronic/digital downloadable products.
General Registration Policies
For exact dates and deadlines, please see the registration policies specific to the event for which you plan to register.
- Upon receipt of your paid registration, you will receive a confirmation email and receipt for your purchase. Please provide an email address you check frequently; important conference information will be communicated to you via email. If you do not receive your confirmation email, check your junk and SPAM folders.
- Registration is non-transferable and onsite badges must be worn at all times.
- Advertised hotel rates are subject to change based on availability. The special event room rate is not guaranteed.
- CME/CE credit may be earned only through your attendance at the live sessions. (Please keep this in mind when scheduling flight times and accommodations.)
- CME/CE credit must be claimed by the deadline listed on signage and in materials distributed to you at the event. Credit will not be awarded after this date.
- Purchase of the conference registration + new membership bundle option is available only to first-time members. New membership will not be processed for individuals eligible to rejoin or renew.
- Registrants/attendees must be 18 years or older. Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to register nor accompany registered attendees to event functions.
- Only registered attendees have access to educational sessions, breaks, meals, receptions, exhibit hall, and/or related activities.
- Some breakfasts and lunches may be included as part of your registration. OMA cannot accommodate the unique dietary restrictions of every attendee. Meals will be served buffet-style to allow for customization. If you have any special dietary requirements or restrictions, you are responsible for planning accordingly and making your own arrangements as necessary.
- Companies exhibiting with one or more representatives registered for the event are not permitted to promote their companies, products, or services in the classroom.
- No personal audio recording or videotaping is allowed.
- Program details are subject to change.
- Registrant’s physical mailing addresses are shared with exhibitors for a pre- and post-conference mailing. To opt out from having your mailing address given to exhibitors, submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allowing an exhibitor to scan your badge in the exhibit hall will give them access to your mailing address, phone number, and email address. To opt out from this information being linked to your badge, submit a request to email@example.com.
- Registration and attendance at or participation in OMA-sponsored events/activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant for OMA’s use and distribution of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions, and audio recordings of such events/activities.
- OMA seeks to avoid antitrust violations in connection with its activities, so participants should avoid engaging in conduct that gives even the appearance of an impermissible conversation, agreement, alliance, or impropriety. Discussions among attendees, speakers, exhibitors, board members, and staff must be kept free of even the suggestion of restraint of trade or the selection of suppliers, customers, or prices.
The material presented at OMA events is made available for educational purposes only. Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of OMA. The material presented is not intended to represent the only or necessarily the best method or procedure appropriate for the medical situations discussed. Instead, it is intended to present an approach, view, statement, or opinion of the faculty that may be helpful to others who face similar situations. OMA disclaims any and all liability for injury or other damages resulting to any individual or company attending the meeting or viewing pages on www.obesitymedicine.org and for all claims that may arise out of the use of the techniques demonstrated therein by such individuals, whether these claims shall be asserted by a physician or any other person. Each learner is responsible for becoming familiar with laws and prescribing limitations within his or her own state before practicing various therapies.
In accordance with OMA policy, commercial companies may apply to advertise in OMA publications. Approval does not imply OMA’s endorsement or official recognition of particular products or services.