The Obesity Treatment Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization developed to raise funds for clinical research about the treatment of obesity and increase awareness and understanding about the complexities of obesity.
To advance obesity treatment through clinical research and education.
Through a variety of programs and initiatives, we work to:
- Elevate awareness among health care professionals that obesity is a chronic disease warranting comprehensive medical management by qualified professionals
- Amplify the quantity and quality of clinician-driven, practice-based obesity treatment research
Obesity Treatment Foundation programs provide opportunities for clinicians who see patients every day to conduct research and track results. By collecting clinician-driven, practice-based research, we can better understand how to effectively treat obesity and improve the health of patients.
- Clinical research grants
- Travel awards for physicians-in-training
- Clinical poster sessions
- Professional networking events
- Obesity medicine resource development
- Publication of obesity medicine research
- Practice and compensation survey
- Sharing evidence-based best practices