2021 Poster/Abstract Submissions
Submission open June 7 – July, 19, 2021
Submit your poster/abstract for consideration at the Overcoming Obesity 2021 Conference in Chicago. Poster/abstract submission is open to anyone who has conducted research in areas related to the treatment of obesity or obesity-related diseases. We are particularly interested in abstracts that fit with the conference theme of Treat Obesity Across the Lifespan, but this is not required. If selected, this is a great opportunity to showcase your obesity treatment research and gain exposure among industry leaders and colleagues in the field of obesity medicine!
The poster/abstract must be submitted through the online portal by 11:59 PM EST on July 19, 2021. All submissions will be peer-reviewed to ensure the information presented is relevant, valid, and complements the material presented at the Overcoming Obesity 2021 Conference. Accepted poster/abstract presenters will be notified by early August and are required to register to attend the Fall Obesity Summit. Up to three poster/abstracts may also be selected to give an oral presentation.
- Deadline for poster/abstract submission: July 19, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST
- Presenters will be notified by August 13, 2021, if their poster/abstract is selected. (Poster/abstract submission does not guarantee proposal selection.)
- You will have the option to choose if you would like to present in person (September 23-26, 2021 in Chicago, IL), Virtually (October 14-16, 2021), or both.
- After you submit your poster/abstract proposal, you will receive a confirmation email with directions on how to pay the abstract submission fee ($50 for members and $65 for non-members). You must pay the abstract submission fee for your poster/abstract to be considered.
- The top three submissions will be selected and invited to give a 15-minute oral presentation in the exhibit hall during the conference
For questions, please call: 303.770.2526 or email email@example.com.
Please note: Presenting authors are NOT entitled to honoraria, complimentary registration, or expense reimbursements from the Obesity Medicine Association or Obesity Treatment Foundation. Presenting authors are required to present the abstract material, if accepted, during the scheduled poster session. It is the responsibility of the scheduled presenting author to notify OMA of presenter substitutions; all replacement presenters MUST submit required disclosure information to OMA PRIOR to presenting the material.