Find Your Next Career in the Field of Obesity Medicine
Click on any title from the list of obesity medicine careers to view more information and application instructions.
Interested in Listing an Open Position?
Members can post job listings for free. Submit your request* to Rachel Nevers at email@example.com.
PA or FNP (Spring, TX)
Medical Weight Management Clinic in Spring, Texas has immediate opening for a full time PA or FNP.
Must have DEA license and Texas Certification and Prescribing privileges.
Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
CONTACT: Grace Richardson email: Grace@drrichardson.com
Family Weight & Wellness Clinic & Medi-Spa
1126 Rayford Rd, Spring, TX 77386
Obesity Medicine Specialist (Portland, ME)
Maine Medical Partners, a division of Maine Medical Center, is seeking a BC/BE obesity medicine specialist to join the hospital’s evolving Weight and Wellness practice. This individual will serve as the medical director of our adult medical obesity management program. The position is a unique and exciting opportunity to collaborate with the dynamic and passionate group of existing providers who intend to build the type of multifaceted program needed to successfully support families facing the challenges of learning to adapt healthy lifestyle change.
Maine Medical Center is currently assembling an adult medical obesity management program to complement our pediatric obesity medical management and adult bariatric surgery programs. Our vision is to form a family-centered, combined obesity treatment program for individuals of all ages that will not only offer medical and surgical obesity treatment options, but will also assist participants with dietary and culinary education, mental health treatment, and fitness evaluation and regimen development.
This position involves working with a multispecialty leadership group to build an adult medical obesity management program. Successful candidates will work closely with pediatric and adult obesity medicine specialists, bariatric surgeons, registered dieticians, licensed clinical social workers, and members of other specialties.
The successful candidate will be board certified/eligible in internal medicine or family medicine. Ideally the candidate will be board certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine. Candidates must have a strong interest in the medical treatment of obesity.
Maine Medical Center (MMC) has 637 licensed beds and is the state’s leading tertiary care hospital and Level One Trauma Center, with a full complement of Residencies and Fellowships and an integral part of Tufts University Medical School.
Maine Medical Partners is Maine’s largest multi-specialty medical group serving the healthcare needs of patients locally and throughout northern New England. This high quality team of more than 500 physicians provides a wide range of hospital-based, primary, specialty and sub-specialty care delivered through a network of more than 30 locations in the greater Portland area.
Situated on the Maine coast, Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small-town friendliness. The area provides four season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking, sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and vibrant community.
For more information, please contact Alison C. Nathanson, Director, MaineHealth Physician Recruitment Center at (207) 661-7383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internist, Family Practitioner, or Endocrinologist (Lansing, MI)
Internist, Family Practitioner or Endocrinologist with a Passion for Obesity Related Diseases Position with Sparrow Medical Group, Lansing, Michigan
Sparrow Medical Group is a large multispecialty physician group that delivers exceptional quality care and is the premier physician organization in a diverse and family friendly community. Sparrow Health System and Sparrow Medical Group are committed to improving access to medical care across the Mid-Michigan region. Sparrow Medical Group is seeking a physician BC/BE in IM, FM or Endocrinology with a passion for obesity-related diseases to support all medical aspects of patient care in the Sparrow Medical Group Bariatric Practice.
- Outpatient Only
- Non-surgical, medicinal support
- 100% Adult patient population
- Onsite Psychology services and a Nutrition & Wellness Coach
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- EPIC EMR
- B1G Ten University city
- Top performer in quality initiatives
Position is hospital-employed and offers:
- Excellent compensation and benefits including vacation, holiday time off, medical, dental and vision coverage
- Relocation assistance negotiable, 401(k) with matching funds, generous CME benefits
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage
Learn more about this position by contacting:
Barb Hilborn, Manager Provider Recruitment
Office: 800.968.3225 | Cell: 517.614.1629
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
In support of a diverse workforce, Sparrow encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women. Sparrow is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Obesity Medicine Specialist (Akron, OH)
Summa Health is seeking an experienced board certified Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician with a strong interest in obesity management to join our employed physician group, Summa Health Medical Group.
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Willingness to obtain board certification in obesity medicine (after approximately 2 years of practicing)
- Unrestricted Ohio License or willingness to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Candidates for this position should have a passion for obesity and weight loss management
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive compensation with salary guarantee
- Join a rapidly growing program that began in 2004; currently 1 provider working to capacity
- Monday-Friday 7:00a-4:30p schedule allowing for excellent work/life balance
- Treat patients in both our surgical and non-surgical weight management programs
- No call or hospital component
- Opportunity to work with medical students and residents
- Ability to work in different offices/communities
- Experienced and efficient support staff including surgeons, dieticians, psychologist, nurse practitioner, RN, and 25 additional team members
- Epic System’s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio and Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city at the center of multiple major transportation routes and only 40 minutes from Cleveland. Akron is surrounded by lush greenery and adjacent to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. In 2015, Forbes Magazine named Akron, Ohio as one of America’s 20 most affordable cities. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and world class shopping. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Board Certified Medical Bariatrician (Greensboro, NC)
This is a full-time position/outpatient only in Greensboro, NC.
Our team is made up of 2 Bariatric Surgeons, 2 Medical Bariatricians (hiring for the 3rd), 4 registered dieticians, 4 counselors and 1 athletic trainer.
We are looking for someone willing to see children and adolescents for pediatric obesity and adults for medical weight loss as well as pre and post bariatric surgery care.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact Karen Bowen, DO, at K.Bowen@novanthealth.org
CRNP (Allentown, PA)
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) and Lehigh Valley Physician Group (LVPG) and the division of Bariatric Medicine is seeking a CRNP to join their outpatient practice. Our newest clinician will be joining a multidisciplinary team that includes physicians, a nurse practitioner, behavioral health specialists and registered dietitians.
This is a full-time opportunity to join a large and growing practice, where the provider will have a panel of patients to educate on long-term health that includes meal plans, lifestyle changes as well as, provide medical visits to pre and post bariatric surgery patients. This position will be Monday-Friday, primarily at the office located in Allentown, PA, with 1 day/week at the new Health Center located in Easton, PA.
The Lehigh Valley is located 60 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of NYC. The not-for-profit health network has just under 1,000 licensed acute beds and is one of the largest tertiary care hospitals in the state of Pennsylvania, a Level 1 trauma center, a regional referral center for subspecialty care such as orthopedics, cardiology, oncology and burns.
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.
For more information please send your CV to Jesse Krasley, Physician Recruiter, at Jesse.Krasley@LVHN.org.
Bariatrician/Medical Weight Management Physician (Michigan)
Bronson Healthcare Group is looking for a full-time Bariatrician/Medical Weight Management Physician to join a team of medical bariatrician, physician assistant, dieticians at the Bronson Metabolic Specialist. This is a busy medical weight management program and we provide comprehensive weight management to our patients. Our team works towards providing customized weight management based on individual patient needs.
As part of our team you are expected to perform the following:
- Outpatient consultations for new and follow up patients.
- No calls.
- Provide medical weight management of non-surgical patients – which includes intense behavior modification counseling, use of meal replacement products, prescription medications for weight management.
- Provide pre-operative and post-operative care for bariatric surgical patients.
- Collaborate with Bariatric Team – dieticians, bariatric surgery program coordinator, data collection coordinator, behavior health specialist and exercise physiologist.
- Provide Weight management information sessions to our patients.
- Provide medical education through community talks and employee health.
- Participate in ongoing system-wide provider education about obesity management, including primary care, specialties, and ancillary services.
This position represents an exciting opportunity for the right physician who has a passion for treating Obesity with multi-disciplinary team approach. The ideal candidate will possess excellent clinical, leadership, and interpersonal skills, have 5+ years of clinical experience and be Board Certified in Bariatrics or should be Board Certified in IM or FP with anticipation of becoming Board Certified in Bariatrics.
For more information about this position, email Chris Cook, Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com.
Physician (Clemson, SC)
SC Premier Wellness Care if a family practice concierge medical office located in Clemson, SC. We are currently looking for a supervising physician for a well-established FNP who can can provide 2-4 hours of non-patient care clinic time per week. There is a potential for part-time or full-time employment if desired. Please call Jacque Shadle, CEO, at 225-620-6222 for further information.
Medical Director (Klamath Falls, OR)
Physician and public health professional to help lead individual and group patient care and community healthcare in a team setting by strengthening health and wellbeing through chronic disease prevention and reversal. The medical director must be passionate about preventive health’s role in facilitating wellness, disease prevention, and weight management and demonstrate ambition to identify unique and innovative ways to include preventive health in our current healthcare model. This individual must be comfortable upending the status quo to create positive change as well as exhibit compassion toward individuals and respect and awareness of barriers to behavior change.
- MD or DO
- Current medical license and willingness to obtain an Oregon Medical License if not already acquired.
- Board Certified in Obesity Medicine or willingness to become Board Certified within two years of hire.
- At least two years of experience in preventive healthcare, lifestyle medicine, or primary care
- Ability to interview, examine, assess, evaluate and identify health problems
- Expertise in nutrition, stress management, physical activity and other components of lifestyle medicine
- Successfully able to collaborate in community health endeavors (with government officials, private businesses, non-profits, civic organizations, etc.)
- Experience in creation and implementation of community health interventions
- Skilled in public speaking
- Experienced in leadership positions
- Trained in motivational interviewing (or have desire to learn motivational interviewing)
- Superior attention to detail
- Individual must be able to be a self-starter and independently identify public health interventions within the community as well as opportunities for improvement within the Wellness Center itself
- Ability to creatively solve problems in healthcare by identifying innovative solutions. Creativity must be demonstrated in how best to reach and inspire patients, how best to conduct advertising, how best to create a profitable wellness model, and how best to identify effective community health initiatives
- Ability to design and improve upon individual clinic visit format, group classes, payment model, and other Wellness Center innovations
- Strong interpersonal communication, motivational, and problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency
- Must demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team within the Wellness Center as well as within community organizations and Boards as appropriate.
- Must demonstrate compassion for patients and their barriers to health both on an individual and community-wide level
- Must demonstrate passion for public health, preventive health and wellbeing in order to change the paradigm of healthcare as it currently exists
- Knowledge of traditional obesity treatments including weight loss medications, bariatric surgery, and meal replacements
- Extensive understanding of disease processes related to overweight and obesity
- Master of Public Health with specific training in the following:
- Social determinants of health including, but not limited to, geography, socioeconomic status, education, adverse childhood events
- Persuasive communication and/or behavioral economics
- Basic biostatistics and epidemiology
- Built environment interventions including, but not limited to, improved livability, increased green space, and increased access to active transportation
- Behavior change theory including the health impact pyramid and the social ecological framework
- Experience in grant writing and grant management
- Ability to seek out and pursue appropriate grant funding for the Wellness Center or community health interventions
To apply, visit https://www.skylakes.org/employment/job-opportunities/ and search for the Medical Director-Wellness Center position. For inquiries, contact Rachel Hubbard at Rachel.Hubbard@skylakes.org or 541-274-2943.
Bariatrician – Academic Medical Center (Chicago, IL)
Loyola University Chicago (LUC) Stritch School of Medicine Department of Surgery announces its search for a full time Obesity Medicine Specialist to join its fully accredited, multidisciplinary obesity medical and surgical programs.
The Loyola Center for Metabolic Surgery and Bariatric Care provides a comprehensive program for the treatment of patients with obesity and metabolic diseases. The programs offer stand-alone medical therapy, endolumenal therapy and comprehensive bariatric procedures. The medical program offers state of the art medication, dietary and exercise counseling and now endolumenal therapies including the gastric balloon and suturing. The medical, psychological, nutritional, and surgical staffs are specialists in the surgical and medical management of obesity and practice at an outpatient facility at our Loyola Gottlieb campus with an established referral base.
The selected candidate will be board certified or board eligible in internal medicine (ABIM or AOBIM) with American Board of Obesity Medicine certification (preferred). The salary will be commensurate with professional experience.
Based in the western suburbs of Chicago, Loyola University Health System is a quaternary care system with a 61-acre main medical center campus and 22 primary and specialty care facilities in Cook, Will and DuPage counties. The medical center campus is conveniently located in Maywood, 13 miles west of the Chicago Loop and 8 miles east of Oak Brook, IL. The heart of the medical center campus, Loyola University Hospital, is a 570-licensed-bed facility. It houses a Level 1 Trauma Center, a Burn Center and the Ronald McDonald® Children’s Hospital of Loyola University Medical Center. Also on campus are the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola Outpatient Center and Center for Heart & Vascular Medicine as well as the LUC Stritch School of Medicine, the LUC Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing and the Loyola Center for Health & Fitness. An important component of the clinical program is the strong affiliation with Edward G. Hines Jr. Veterans Administration Hospital situated on an adjacent campus.
Interested applicants should direct a copy of their CV and cover letter to: Dr. Paul Kuo, Chairman, Department of Surgery, LUC Stritch School of Medicine and Dr. Bipan Chand Director, Loyola Center for Metabolic Surgery and Bariatric Care. Please direct email to Michelle Pencyla, Physician Recruitment Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loyola is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer/educator with a strong commitment to diversifying its faculty.
NPs/PAs: Be Part of the Leading Low-carb Medical Team
HEALcare, the nation’s leading low-carb medical team, is looking for highly-motivated medical professionals in Virginia, New Jersey, North Carolina, Kansas and Florida with the following qualifications:
- Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants with work experience in primary care, family medicine, internal medicine or related medical specialties
- Personal experience with a low-carb lifestyle
- Passionate about putting pre-diabetes, type 2 diabetes and obesity into remission without medications
If you meet these qualifications, we’d like to hear from you.
You’ll be trained by and work alongside world-renowned, low-carb experts Dr. Eric Westman and Nurse Jacqueline Eberstein.
Please visit healclinics.com/hiring for more information and to contact us.
Obesity Medicine and Primary Care (Denver, CO)
Looking for a primary care provider with interest in obesity medicine to join our small but growing practice.
We have a small, two-provider office in Denver, Colorado. We each see about 10 people a day and take almost all insurances. Our model of care has worked great and we are ready to add someone else to the team. We LOVE what we do, make our own schedules, and offer tele-visits for flexibility. I split my time between obesity medicine and primary care. We would be happy to have someone who wants to do primary care only, or is interested in obesity or functional medicine or any other niche. If you have ever wanted to have your own practice but were afraid to take the leap, this would be a great fit as most of the groundwork has been done with room to develop your own practice and patient panel. If you are intrigued please send an email to email@example.com to discuss how this opportunity may work for you!
*All requests will be reviewed upon submission. OMA reserves the right to deny any requests that do not align with the rules and regulations, position statements, and purposes of OMA.