Find Your Next Career in the Field of Obesity Medicine
Click on any title from the list of obesity medicine careers to view more information and application instructions.
Interested in Listing an Open Position?
Members can post job listings for free. Submit your request* to Rachel Nevers at email@example.com.
Bariatrician/Medical Weight Management Physician (Michigan)
Bronson Healthcare Group is looking for a full-time Bariatrician/Medical Weight Management Physician to join a team of medical bariatrician, physician assistant, dieticians at the Bronson Metabolic Specialist. This is a busy medical weight management program and we provide comprehensive weight management to our patients. Our team works towards providing customized weight management based on individual patient needs.
As part of our team you are expected to perform the following:
- Outpatient consultations for new and follow up patients.
- No calls.
- Provide medical weight management of non-surgical patients – which includes intense behavior modification counseling, use of meal replacement products, prescription medications for weight management.
- Provide pre-operative and post-operative care for bariatric surgical patients.
- Collaborate with Bariatric Team – dieticians, bariatric surgery program coordinator, data collection coordinator, behavior health specialist and exercise physiologist.
- Provide Weight management information sessions to our patients.
- Provide medical education through community talks and employee health.
- Participate in ongoing system-wide provider education about obesity management, including primary care, specialties, and ancillary services.
This position represents an exciting opportunity for the right physician who has a passion for treating Obesity with multi-disciplinary team approach. The ideal candidate will possess excellent clinical, leadership, and interpersonal skills, have 5+ years of clinical experience and be Board Certified in Bariatrics or should be Board Certified in IM or FP with anticipation of becoming Board Certified in Bariatrics.
For more information about this position, email Chris Cook, Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physician (Clemson, SC)
SC Premier Wellness Care if a family practice concierge medical office located in Clemson, SC. We are currently looking for a supervising physician for a well-established FNP who can can provide 2-4 hours of non-patient care clinic time per week. There is a potential for part-time or full-time employment if desired. Please call Jacque Shadle, CEO, at 225-620-6222 for further information.
Medical Director (Klamath Falls, OR)
Physician and public health professional to help lead individual and group patient care and community healthcare in a team setting by strengthening health and wellbeing through chronic disease prevention and reversal. The medical director must be passionate about preventive health’s role in facilitating wellness, disease prevention, and weight management and demonstrate ambition to identify unique and innovative ways to include preventive health in our current healthcare model. This individual must be comfortable upending the status quo to create positive change as well as exhibit compassion toward individuals and respect and awareness of barriers to behavior change.
- MD or DO
- Current medical license and willingness to obtain an Oregon Medical License if not already acquired.
- Board Certified in Obesity Medicine or willingness to become Board Certified within two years of hire.
- At least two years of experience in preventive healthcare, lifestyle medicine, or primary care
- Ability to interview, examine, assess, evaluate and identify health problems
- Expertise in nutrition, stress management, physical activity and other components of lifestyle medicine
- Successfully able to collaborate in community health endeavors (with government officials, private businesses, non-profits, civic organizations, etc.)
- Experience in creation and implementation of community health interventions
- Skilled in public speaking
- Experienced in leadership positions
- Trained in motivational interviewing (or have desire to learn motivational interviewing)
- Superior attention to detail
- Individual must be able to be a self-starter and independently identify public health interventions within the community as well as opportunities for improvement within the Wellness Center itself
- Ability to creatively solve problems in healthcare by identifying innovative solutions. Creativity must be demonstrated in how best to reach and inspire patients, how best to conduct advertising, how best to create a profitable wellness model, and how best to identify effective community health initiatives
- Ability to design and improve upon individual clinic visit format, group classes, payment model, and other Wellness Center innovations
- Strong interpersonal communication, motivational, and problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency
- Must demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team within the Wellness Center as well as within community organizations and Boards as appropriate.
- Must demonstrate compassion for patients and their barriers to health both on an individual and community-wide level
- Must demonstrate passion for public health, preventive health and wellbeing in order to change the paradigm of healthcare as it currently exists
- Knowledge of traditional obesity treatments including weight loss medications, bariatric surgery, and meal replacements
- Extensive understanding of disease processes related to overweight and obesity
- Master of Public Health with specific training in the following:
- Social determinants of health including, but not limited to, geography, socioeconomic status, education, adverse childhood events
- Persuasive communication and/or behavioral economics
- Basic biostatistics and epidemiology
- Built environment interventions including, but not limited to, improved livability, increased green space, and increased access to active transportation
- Behavior change theory including the health impact pyramid and the social ecological framework
- Experience in grant writing and grant management
- Ability to seek out and pursue appropriate grant funding for the Wellness Center or community health interventions
To apply, visit https://www.skylakes.org/employment/job-opportunities/ and search for the Medical Director-Wellness Center position. For inquiries, contact Rachel Hubbard at Rachel.Hubbard@skylakes.org or 541-274-2943.
Bariatrician – Academic Medical Center (Chicago, IL)
Loyola University Chicago (LUC) Stritch School of Medicine Department of Surgery announces its search for a full time Obesity Medicine Specialist to join its fully accredited, multidisciplinary obesity medical and surgical programs.
The Loyola Center for Metabolic Surgery and Bariatric Care provides a comprehensive program for the treatment of patients with obesity and metabolic diseases. The programs offer stand-alone medical therapy, endolumenal therapy and comprehensive bariatric procedures. The medical program offers state of the art medication, dietary and exercise counseling and now endolumenal therapies including the gastric balloon and suturing. The medical, psychological, nutritional, and surgical staffs are specialists in the surgical and medical management of obesity and practice at an outpatient facility at our Loyola Gottlieb campus with an established referral base.
The selected candidate will be board certified or board eligible in internal medicine (ABIM or AOBIM) with American Board of Obesity Medicine certification (preferred). The salary will be commensurate with professional experience.
Based in the western suburbs of Chicago, Loyola University Health System is a quaternary care system with a 61-acre main medical center campus and 22 primary and specialty care facilities in Cook, Will and DuPage counties. The medical center campus is conveniently located in Maywood, 13 miles west of the Chicago Loop and 8 miles east of Oak Brook, IL. The heart of the medical center campus, Loyola University Hospital, is a 570-licensed-bed facility. It houses a Level 1 Trauma Center, a Burn Center and the Ronald McDonald® Children’s Hospital of Loyola University Medical Center. Also on campus are the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola Outpatient Center and Center for Heart & Vascular Medicine as well as the LUC Stritch School of Medicine, the LUC Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing and the Loyola Center for Health & Fitness. An important component of the clinical program is the strong affiliation with Edward G. Hines Jr. Veterans Administration Hospital situated on an adjacent campus.
Interested applicants should direct a copy of their CV and cover letter to: Dr. Paul Kuo, Chairman, Department of Surgery, LUC Stritch School of Medicine and Dr. Bipan Chand Director, Loyola Center for Metabolic Surgery and Bariatric Care. Please direct email to Michelle Pencyla, Physician Recruitment Office, at email@example.com.
Loyola is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer/educator with a strong commitment to diversifying its faculty.
Fellowship in Clinical Obesity and Metabolism (University of Texas Health Center)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Fellowships Beginning in 2018 and 2019
Carolyn J. and Robert J. Allison Jr. Family Foundation
Fellowship in Clinical Obesity and Metabolism
UT Center for Obesity Medicine and Metabolic Performance
UTHealth Center for Obesity Medicine and Metabolic Performance invites applications for our comprehensive Clinical Fellowship in Obesity Medicine. This one-year fellowship, the fifth in the nation, is designed for current residents or recent graduates of internal medicine, family medicine, or endocrinology training programs who wish to obtain rigorous, comprehensive subspecialty training in the area of Obesity Medicine. We are currently recruiting fellows seeking to begin the fellowship program on August 1, 2018. The deadline is September 8, 2017 for 2018 applicants.
This fellowship has been designed to provide trainees with expertise and clinical experience in the emerging field of Obesity Medicine, with a primary focus on the evaluation and management of patients with obesity. Fellows will learn how to treat obesity through intensive lifestyle intervention, nutritional, behavioral, pharmacological and surgical means, as well as how to address the comorbidities of this disorder most effectively. We anticipate that trainees who complete this fellowship program will be prepared to pursue clinical and/or academic careers focused in obesity medicine and to become leaders in this emerging discipline.
Fellowship training in Obesity Medicine will occur over 1 year. Trainees will spend the majority of time in the clinical environment learning about obesity and its comorbidities. By the end of the fellowship, fellows will have a good understanding of the physiology and pathophysiology of body weight regulation and a fundamental knowledge of current research in the field of Obesity medicine. They will be able to assess a patient with obesity or other metabolic disorders and to determine an appropriate treatment plan. Trainees will understand and utilize standard and innovative approaches to the treatment of obesity, including body composition and metabolic measurement, novel combination therapies, surgical and medical integration of care, and they will participate in outcomes related research and/or new and emerging treatment trials. They will be able to complete a full evaluation for patients with indications for obesity treatment both medically, surgically, and the med/surg combination patient and provide comprehensive care that leads to disease improvement.
Fellows will also develop the skills to be a competent teacher of Obesity Medicine to medical students, family medicine residents, and endocrinology fellows rotating in the center. Outcomes and standard of care research will be completed under the guidance of a member of the Program faculty.
This fellowship is available to physicians who will have completed an accredited residency program in internal medicine, family medicine, and endocrinology. Other backgrounds considered on a case by case basis.
To apply to the Clinical Obesity Medicine fellowship, please forward a cover letter and curriculum vitae to:
Deborah Bade Horn, DO, MPH, MFOMA
Program Director, Allison Family Foundation Fellowship in Obesity Medicine and Metabolism
Medical Director, UT Center for Obesity Medicine and Metabolic Performance
For further information or application materials, please contact Salome Roe at Salome.R.Roe@uth.tmc.edu.
Bariatric Physician (Hazleton, PA)
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is seeking a board certified IM or FM physician with added certification in bariatric medicine. He/she will be employed by the network and join one bariatric surgeon within an established program at the LVHN campus in Hazleton, PA. The program has a dedicated coordinator and nutritionist. Patients are seen at a start-of-the-art Wellness Center which is scheduled to double in size over the next 5 years.
LVHN main campus in Allentown, PA has an accredited bariatric program that was established in 2000. The medical bariatrics program launched in 2006 and now has 4 physicians plus all the components of a successful weight management center. Our Hazleton providers will have an opportunity to share in the camaraderie of this team.
Lehigh Valley Hospital-Hazleton, a 150-bed hospital, has been part of LVHN for three years. The campus is located two hours north of Philadelphia and west of NYC in an area known as the Pocono Mountains. The area offers an excellent quality of life and moderate cost of living. It is also a popular vacation destination for skiing, biking, hiking, fishing and hunting
We are offering a very competitive compensation and robust benefit package. If you are interested in learning more, please email your CV to Brittany.Kulp@LVHN.org or call 484-862-3202.
NPs/PAs: Be Part of the Leading Low-carb Medical Team
HEALcare, the nation’s leading low-carb medical team, is looking for highly-motivated medical professionals in Virginia, New Jersey, North Carolina, Kansas and Florida with the following qualifications:
- Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants with work experience in primary care, family medicine, internal medicine or related medical specialties
- Personal experience with a low-carb lifestyle
- Passionate about putting pre-diabetes, type 2 diabetes and obesity into remission without medications
If you meet these qualifications, we’d like to hear from you.
You’ll be trained by and work alongside world-renowned, low-carb experts Dr. Eric Westman and Nurse Jacqueline Eberstein.
Please visit healclinics.com/hiring for more information and to contact us.
Obesity Medicine and Primary Care (Denver, CO)
Looking for a primary care provider with interest in obesity medicine to join our small but growing practice.
We have a small, two-provider office in Denver, Colorado. We each see about 10 people a day and take almost all insurances. Our model of care has worked great and we are ready to add someone else to the team. We LOVE what we do, make our own schedules, and offer tele-visits for flexibility. I split my time between obesity medicine and primary care. We would be happy to have someone who wants to do primary care only, or is interested in obesity or functional medicine or any other niche. If you have ever wanted to have your own practice but were afraid to take the leap, this would be a great fit as most of the groundwork has been done with room to develop your own practice and patient panel. If you are intrigued please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how this opportunity may work for you!
BE/BC Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Bariatrician (Indianapolis, IN)
This physician will join an employed group of over 600 physicians in Indianapolis, IN.
Community Physician Network is seeking a BE/BC Family Medicine or Internal Medicine trained Bariatrician to practice in Central Indiana, at Community Hospital North. Ideal candidates will have a passion for managing a busy medical weight loss program and a willingness to provide support throughout the entire process.
- Accredited Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®
- Focus on medical bariatrics
- No call
- Established referral system
- Interest in practice and program building
- Looking for a well-trained, team-oriented physician with consistent training
- Employed position with competitive salary
- Paid malpractice, full benefits, vacation and CME time
Licensure and Certifications
Board certified/board eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine trained Bariatrician.
Ranked among the nation’s most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is guided by a simple mission: “Deeply committed to the communities we serve, we enhance health and well-being.” We fulfill this mission by making exceptional health care easy to access, as well as by involving ourselves deeply in the well-being and quality of life of the communities that gave birth to our network nearly six decades ago. Our organization’s values are represented by the acronym PRIIDE: Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovations, Dedication, and Excellence. These values drive the work we do every day and the attitude we bring to every task.
With an appealing blend of big-city amenities, cosmopolitan-style, small-town affordability, and communities that boast top-notch school systems, the Indianapolis area is consistently ranked nationally among the best places to live. Indiana is also consistently ranked one of the top 5 physician-friendly states.
For more information, contact:
Caitlin Gallagher, Senior Network Physician Recruiter
Phone: 317-621-7347 | Email: CGallagher2@ecommunity.com
*All requests will be reviewed upon submission. OMA reserves the right to deny any requests that do not align with the rules and regulations, position statements, and purposes of OMA.