Find Your Next Career in the Field of Obesity Medicine
Click on any title from the list of obesity medicine jobs below to view more information and application instructions.
Interested in Listing an Open Position?
Members can post obesity medicine job listings for free. Submit your request* to Rachel Nevers at email@example.com.
Obesity Medicine Specialist (Portland, ME)
Maine Medical Partners, a division of Maine Medical Center, is seeking a BC/BE obesity medicine specialist to join the hospital’s evolving Weight and Wellness practice. This individual will serve as the medical director of our adult medical obesity management program. The position is a unique and exciting opportunity to collaborate with the dynamic and passionate group of existing providers who intend to build the type of multifaceted program needed to successfully support families facing the challenges of learning to adapt healthy lifestyle change.
Maine Medical Center is currently assembling an adult medical obesity management program to complement our pediatric obesity medical management and adult bariatric surgery programs. Our vision is to form a family-centered, combined obesity treatment program for individuals of all ages that will not only offer medical and surgical obesity treatment options, but will also assist participants with dietary and culinary education, mental health treatment, and fitness evaluation and regimen development.
This position involves working with a multispecialty leadership group to build an adult medical obesity management program. Successful candidates will work closely with pediatric and adult obesity medicine specialists, bariatric surgeons, registered dieticians, licensed clinical social workers, and members of other specialties.
The successful candidate will be board certified/eligible in internal medicine or family medicine. Ideally the candidate will be board certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine. Candidates must have a strong interest in the medical treatment of obesity.
Maine Medical Center (MMC) has 637 licensed beds and is the state’s leading tertiary care hospital and Level One Trauma Center, with a full complement of Residencies and Fellowships and an integral part of Tufts University Medical School.
Maine Medical Partners is Maine’s largest multi-specialty medical group serving the healthcare needs of patients locally and throughout northern New England. This high quality team of more than 500 physicians provides a wide range of hospital-based, primary, specialty and sub-specialty care delivered through a network of more than 30 locations in the greater Portland area.
Situated on the Maine coast, Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small-town friendliness. The area provides four season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking, sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and vibrant community.
For more information, please contact Alison C. Nathanson, Director, MaineHealth Physician Recruitment Center at (207) 661-7383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bariatric Psychologist (Greensboro, NC)
Cone Health Medical Weight Management is seeking a PhD Bariatric Psychologist for their outpatient clinic in Greensboro, North Carolina. The Bariatric Psychologist will provide outpatient care for patients, ages 8 years old and up with a variety of psychological needs who struggle with obesity and the associated conditions as part of the interdisciplinary team. The ideal candidate will have additional training and experience in dealing with obesity specifically, and eating disorders in general. Experience in evaluating patients for bariatric surgery is useful, but the bulk of the position will be working one on one and in groups with patients requiring behavioral modification therapy in the medical weight loss clinic.
We offer a competitive salary package that includes medical insurance and a 403-retirement plan.
Minimum qualifications include: North Carolina psychology license, PhD or PsyD from an APA accredited clinical psychology program, and APA accredited clinical internship.
Cone Health Medical Weight Management is a part of Cone Health, a not-for-profit system of 6 hospitals and more than 100 practices locations. Cone Health delivers high quality patient outcomes in primary, secondary and tertiary level diagnostic and treatment services, an excellent practice community, and a work/life balance. Cone Health offers the latest developments in medical care and a family-oriented culture of dedication, compassion, and excellence.
Greensboro, NC, and surrounding areas were ranked as the 14th “Best Big City” in the U.S. for having high salaries, affordable cost of living (over 10 percent better than national average) and a great job market for physicians and surgeons in https://www.goodcall.com/data-center/2016-best-places-physicians-and-surgeons. Greensboro is a growing community of more than 280,000 people with a referral base of more than 500,000 people. Greensboro offers excellent schools along with numerous parks, great cultural events, sports, eclectic restaurants, and more. For weekend getaways, Greensboro is an easy driving distance to the Blue Ridge Mountains as well as NC, SC, and VA beaches and is proximate to 3 airports.
Director, Cone Health Physician Recruitment
Office (336) 663-5054
Sorry, this is not a J-1 or H-1b opportunity.
Obesity Medicine Physician (Chicago, IL)
Loyola University Chicago (LUC) Stritch School of Medicine Department of Surgery announces its search for a full time obesity medicine physician to join its fully accredited, multidisciplinary obesity medical and surgical programs.
The Loyola Center for Metabolic Surgery and Bariatric Care provides a comprehensive program for the treatment of patients with obesity and metabolic diseases. The programs offer stand-alone medical therapy, endolumenal therapy and comprehensive bariatric procedures. The medical program offers state of the art medication, dietary and exercise counseling and now endolumenal therapies including the gastric balloon and suturing. The medical, psychological, nutritional, and surgical staffs are specialists in the surgical and medical management of obesity and practice at an outpatient facility at our Loyola Gottlieb campus with an established referral base.
The selected candidate will be board certified or board eligible in internal medicine (ABIM or AOBIM) and hold active American Board of Obesity Medicine certification. The salary will be commensurate with professional experience.
Based in the western suburbs of Chicago, Loyola University Health System is a quaternary care system with a 61-acre main medical center campus and 22 primary and specialty care facilities in Cook, Will, and DuPage counties. The medical center campus is conveniently located in Maywood, 13 miles west of the Chicago Loop and 8 miles east of Oak Brook, IL. The heart of the medical center campus, Loyola University Hospital, is a 570-licensed-bed facility. It houses a Level 1 Trauma Center, a Burn Center and the Ronald McDonald® Children’s Hospital of Loyola University Medical Center.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and curriculum vitae to H. Shawn Richardson at email@example.com and address to:
Bipan Chand, MD
Director, Loyola Center for Metabolic Surgery & Bariatric Care
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (except where religion is a bona fide occupational qualification for the job), national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Bariatrician Opportunity (Las Vegas, NV)
Private bariatric surgery practice in Las Vegas, NV, is seeking an outstanding bariatrician to serve as a member of the treatment team while growing the practice. The candidate shall provide medical weight management of non-surgical patients, pre-operative medical screenings, post-operative follow-up care and post-operative acute visits in partnership with the bariatric surgery team. Clinic Physician acts as a member of the treatment team, ensures the delivery of quality care, and maintains professional competence. The practice is seeking experienced and newly trained candidates.
Enjoy a challenging range of patients and procedures that promises a wide variety of encounters daily. The practice is located in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada. Here you will live in one of our nation’s best cities that boasts globally celebrated entertainment, world-class restaurants and endless activities. From exceptional outdoor adventures, countless attractions, and easy travel; Las Vegas is still a close community that has park-lined streets perfect for family-orientated events.
We provide a comprehensive approach to weight loss through a variety of medical and surgical options designed to meet a person’s specific needs and achieve the best long-term outcomes. We are looking for someone with a passion for health and an excitement for life that can be passed along to the patients.
The practice is offering a competitive starting salary, production bonus with a comprehensive benefit package; including health insurance, 401K, paid malpractice, CME allowance, and paid time off. Relocation assistance is available.
Must be BC/BE in family medicine, internal medicine, cardiology, or other related specialty. ABOM board certification preferred, but will consider those working toward certification. Comprehensive Weight Management & Care Including: -Outpatient consultations -Provide medical weight management of non-surgical patients -Provide pre-operative and post-operative care for surgical patients -Collaborate with Bariatric Team and other service lines.
- As appropriate to the business needs of the department
- Applicant must have a M.D. or D.O. degree from an approved LCME medical school
- Candidate must be eligible for Nevada medical licensure and be board certified/eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Graduation from Medical school
- Board eligible or certified by an ABMS-approved specialty
- BE/BC in bariatric medicine
- Valid DEA Certification Board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine or other related specialty
- Board certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine upon hire or eligible for board certification
- Collaborate with service line leaders for the oversight of quality and safety, comply with accreditation guidelines for bariatric surgery programming, participate in multidisciplinary committees and expand program initiatives
- Assist with the development of an organization-wide comprehensive metabolic and bariatric surgery weight management program
- Actively participate in employee engagement and patient service excellence programs
- Ability to take a leadership role
If you wish to pursue this opportunity please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PA/NP - Weight Loss Clinic & Family Medicine (Layton, UT)
Worker Category: Regular Full Time
Job Class: Provider
Under the direction of the Supervising Physician, the Physician Assistant—Certified (PA-C)/Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing general care to patients of all ages. This position attends to patient needs with utmost patience, care, compassion, and understanding while performing tasks such as conducting tests, recording medical histories, providing treatments, assisting physicians, and enhancing public awareness on the importance of health. The PA-C/NP must demonstrate professionalism through adherence to Ogden Clinic mission, vision, and values.
The qualified candidate will be working with Dr. Rigby at our Davis Family Practice located in Layton. They will work in Dr. Rigby’s medical weight loss clinic working with patients on weight management. This person will also see some Family Medicine patients 20-30% of the time.
To learn more about Dr. Rigby and his Weight loss clinic please visit http://utahmedicalweightloss.com
Prior experience with Family Medicine is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Contribute to physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed, providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing physician directives.
Assess patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; and obtaining, updating, and reviewing medical histories.
Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies.
Interpret test results of diagnostic tests.
Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
Perform therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations, suturing, and managing wounds and infections.
Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens, giving normal growth and development information, discussing family planning, providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living, and promoting wellness and health maintenance.
Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited PA educational program or Master’s degree in nursing, including National Certification and Utah State Licensure.
LANGUAGE: Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Mathematical skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide simple equations.
Reasoning skills: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form. Also able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Vision requirements: Able to adjust focus.
Effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
Computer knowledge with experience in basic word processing required.
General office equipment and procedure knowledge required.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
PA or FNP (Spring, TX)
Medical Weight Management Clinic in Spring, Texas has immediate opening for a full time PA or FNP.
Must have DEA license and Texas Certification and Prescribing privileges.
Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
CONTACT: Grace Richardson email: Grace@drrichardson.com
Family Weight & Wellness Clinic & Medi-Spa
1126 Rayford Rd, Spring, TX 77386
Medical Director (Klamath Falls, OR)
Physician and public health professional to help lead individual and group patient care and community healthcare in a team setting by strengthening health and wellbeing through chronic disease prevention and reversal. The medical director must be passionate about preventive health’s role in facilitating wellness, disease prevention, and weight management and demonstrate ambition to identify unique and innovative ways to include preventive health in our current healthcare model. This individual must be comfortable upending the status quo to create positive change as well as exhibit compassion toward individuals and respect and awareness of barriers to behavior change.
- MD or DO
- Current medical license and willingness to obtain an Oregon Medical License if not already acquired.
- Board Certified in Obesity Medicine or willingness to become Board Certified within two years of hire.
- At least two years of experience in preventive healthcare, lifestyle medicine, or primary care
- Ability to interview, examine, assess, evaluate and identify health problems
- Expertise in nutrition, stress management, physical activity and other components of lifestyle medicine
- Successfully able to collaborate in community health endeavors (with government officials, private businesses, non-profits, civic organizations, etc.)
- Experience in creation and implementation of community health interventions
- Skilled in public speaking
- Experienced in leadership positions
- Trained in motivational interviewing (or have desire to learn motivational interviewing)
- Superior attention to detail
- Individual must be able to be a self-starter and independently identify public health interventions within the community as well as opportunities for improvement within the Wellness Center itself
- Ability to creatively solve problems in healthcare by identifying innovative solutions. Creativity must be demonstrated in how best to reach and inspire patients, how best to conduct advertising, how best to create a profitable wellness model, and how best to identify effective community health initiatives
- Ability to design and improve upon individual clinic visit format, group classes, payment model, and other Wellness Center innovations
- Strong interpersonal communication, motivational, and problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency
- Must demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team within the Wellness Center as well as within community organizations and Boards as appropriate.
- Must demonstrate compassion for patients and their barriers to health both on an individual and community-wide level
- Must demonstrate passion for public health, preventive health and wellbeing in order to change the paradigm of healthcare as it currently exists
- Knowledge of traditional obesity treatments including weight loss medications, bariatric surgery, and meal replacements
- Extensive understanding of disease processes related to overweight and obesity
- Master of Public Health with specific training in the following:
- Social determinants of health including, but not limited to, geography, socioeconomic status, education, adverse childhood events
- Persuasive communication and/or behavioral economics
- Basic biostatistics and epidemiology
- Built environment interventions including, but not limited to, improved livability, increased green space, and increased access to active transportation
- Behavior change theory including the health impact pyramid and the social ecological framework
- Experience in grant writing and grant management
- Ability to seek out and pursue appropriate grant funding for the Wellness Center or community health interventions
To apply, visit https://www.skylakes.org/employment/job-opportunities/ and search for the Medical Director-Wellness Center position. For inquiries, contact Rachel Hubbard at Rachel.Hubbard@skylakes.org or 541-274-2943.
NPs/PAs: Be Part of the Leading Low-carb Medical Team
HEALcare, the nation’s leading low-carb medical team, is looking for highly-motivated medical professionals in Virginia, New Jersey, North Carolina, Kansas and Florida with the following qualifications:
- Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants with work experience in primary care, family medicine, internal medicine or related medical specialties
- Personal experience with a low-carb lifestyle
- Passionate about putting pre-diabetes, type 2 diabetes and obesity into remission without medications
If you meet these qualifications, we’d like to hear from you.
You’ll be trained by and work alongside world-renowned, low-carb experts Dr. Eric Westman and Nurse Jacqueline Eberstein.
Please visit healclinics.com/hiring for more information and to contact us.
*All requests will be reviewed upon submission. OMA reserves the right to deny any requests that do not align with the rules and regulations, position statements, and purposes of OMA.