Find Your Next Career in the Field of Obesity Medicine
Click on any title from the list of obesity medicine jobs below to view more information and application instructions.
Psychologist: Bariatric Surgery Clinic | Northern Colorado Front Range
PSYCHOLOGIST: Bariatric Surgery Clinic
Join a Top-5 Large Health System and Enjoy Practicing Along the Northern Colorado Front Range with Views of the Rocky Mountains in your Backyard!
Banner Health, one of the country's premier non-profit health care networks is expanding its team of Psychologists in Northern Colorado, and is actively recruiting a PhD or PsyD level Psychologist to join our growing Bariatric service line at Banner Fort Collins Medical Center. In this role, you will collaborate with our bariatric surgeons, primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, and other support staff to create a customized plan for our patients that help them reach their weight loss goals and improve their health and quality of life. Our psychologist will diagnose and treat a full-spectrum of psychological conditions by providing compassionate, evidence-based, and multidisciplinary care.
Practice details include:
- .5 FTE | Monday – Friday w/flexibility
- No Call | Outpatient
- Provides comprehensive psychological evaluations and individual and group-based interventions for patients undergoing bariatric surgery
- Candidate may also treat patients seeking non-surgical, behavioral weight management
- In addition to clinical responsibilities, bariatric surgery psychologists participate in research, clinical supervision, teaching, and program development
- PhD or PsyD
- Licensed, or eligible for license, as a Psychologist in Colorado
- 1 – 2 years of post-doctoral experience in a medical setting
- Ideal candidate will have demonstrated interest and experience in providing evidence-based psychological care in a multidisciplinary weight management team
Northern Colorado is one of the best places to live and work in the entire nation. Enjoy spectacular views along the Rocky Mountain Front Range, great weather (over 300 days of pure Colorado sunshine a year), endless recreational activities, and more. Banner Health has multiple clinics and three hospitals in this region.
- Named No. 4, Best U.S. Cities to Raise a Family: MarketWatch- April 2019
- Over 600 park acres to take advantage of and 20 miles of hiking trails
- Excellent public transit, but if you prefer cycling, the city is extremely bike friendly
- 100,000+ population, surrounded by cities with a variety of cultures
- Situated at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains; it is a 45-minute drive to: Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park, Denver, Greeley, premier restaurants, and endless recreational activities
- 60 miles North of Denver International airport
- Excellent private and public-school options
- Home to Colorado State University & Front Range Community College
Banner Health offers a competitive salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family, including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- Paid time off plans
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, TO: email@example.com For questions, contact Jamie Bean, Sourcing Strategist, at: 970-810-2743. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Date Posted 3/22/2023
Bariatric/Obesity Medicine Specialist | Catholic Medical Center, Manchester, New Hampshire
BARIATRIC/OBESITY MEDICINE SPECIALIST
CATHOLIC MEDICAL CENTER, Manchester, New Hampshire
Catholic Medical Center is seeking a Full Time Bariatric/Obesity Medicine Specialist to join our multidisciplinary team at New England Weight Management Institute. This career opportunity offers a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, moving allowance and no state income tax.
For over 20 years, CMC’s New England Weight Management Institute (NEWMI) has offered the most advanced surgical and nonsurgical obesity treatment in the state.
- First program in NH since 2009 to be Accredited through the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- Work within a multidisciplinary team composed of bariatric surgeons, advanced practice providers, registered dieticians, psychologists, and nurses.
- Comprehensive program includes nutritional, exercise and behavioral health counseling
- Implement treatment with the pillars of nutrition, physical activity, stress management, sleep and when appropriate anti-obesity medication.
- Individualize plans for each patient to meet their unique weight loss and health goals that are sustainable and effective for long term weight loss and health
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine with extensive experience or fellowship training in Obesity Medicine. ABOM certification preferred.
About the Compensation/Benefits
- Employed Position with competitive compensation and Sign On Bonus!
- Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plans, CME and more
- Relocation allowance available
About Catholic Medical Center
- Catholic Medical Centeris a 330-bed full-service healthcare facility dedicated to providing health, healing and hope to all.
- Catholic Medical Center offers full medical-surgical care with more than 25 subspecialties, comprehensive orthopedic care, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, a 24-hour emergency department, inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services, and diagnostic imaging.
- Named one of America’s Best-in-State Employers 2022 by Forbes! CMC is proud to be the only healthcare organization in New Hampshire to make this prestigious list.
About Manchester, New Hampshire
- Very desirable four-season community
- Ranked by top publications like Fortuneand Money Magazine as the best place for raising children
- Comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, excellent public schools
- Vacation where you live! The ocean, mountains and Boston are all within a short driving distance offering numerous cultural and outdoor activities.
- The Manchester-Boston Regional Airport is just minutes away.
No State Income Tax or Sales Tax!
Please send resume and cover letter to Janet Frongillo, Director of Physician Recruitment, Janet.Frongillo@cmc-nh.org (603) 663-6739.
Date Posted 3/20/2023
Northern California Weight Loss Physician Opportunity | Gould Medical Group
Northern California Weight Loss Physician Opportunity
Gould Medical Group, in partnership with Sutter Health, is looking for a Medical Weight Loss physician in Modesto, CA.
Sutter Health-affiliated Gould Medical Group is a growing, approximately 400 provider multi-specialty group located about two hours east of San Francisco, California. Our communities offer quick access to the bay area as well as other hot spots such as Napa Valley, Yosemite, and Lake Tahoe.
- Starting base salary: $241,888
- Two-year salary guarantee
- Sign-on bonus
- RVU based compensation model starting in year 2
- Obesity and Bariatrics certification preferred
- Comprehensive weight loss clinic is based within Gastroenterology department
- Seamless integration of endoscopy, fibro-scan, and advanced endoscopy within the practice
- Practice also employs a bariatric surgeon
- Average of 20 patients per day
- 5-day work week
- No weekends or holidays
- Lab and imaging on-site
- TAT is available within 24 hours
- Stable and growing group
- EHR: Epic
- Annual 12.0% 401(k) gift
- Two-year shareholder track
- Annual CME allowance
- Full health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- Group paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Annual profit sharing for shareholders
- Individual Performance Bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Close proximity to the Bay Area but dramatically lower cost of living
- Short driving distance to Yosemite, wine country, Lake Tahoe, Monterey
- Centrally located with quick access to skiing, hiking, surfing, and entertainment venues of various types
- Rapidly growing communities
- Excellent school options
- Average of 260 days of sunshine annually
We Look Forward to Hearing From You:
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity, please let us know.
Apply by emailing: Julia Rodriguez, Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 3/13/2023
Weight Management Physician | OhioHealth
OhioHealth is seeking a Weight Management Physician to provide expert care for our patients pursuing weight loss solutions. We are looking for a dedicated physician to guide patients through their weight loss journey, medically or surgically. Our ideal candidate is a family medicine or internal medicine trained physician with additional certification in obesity medicine.
Practice Opportunities include:
- Team effort --- join a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, office staff, dietitians, exercise physiologists, psychologists in a program recognized as a Comprehensive Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons.
- Practice has daytime hours with low call and no weekend coverage responsibilities.
- Position is approximately 50/50 medical weight management/surgical weight management.
- McConnell Heart Health Center is an integrated medical fitness facility with cardio and strength equipment, pools, basketball court, spin studio, group exercise, massage, locker rooms and sauna.
- Highly competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance, and student loan reimbursement
Columbus is one of the top locations in the country for young professionals, with a mix of big-city amenities and small-town affordability. OhioHealth offers a wide range of professional experiences in communities throughout central Ohio, giving you the opportunity to find the perfect fit for your family and your career.
OhioHealth Physician Group
Today’s complex healthcare environment requires physicians and hospitals to work together to achieve excellence in clinical quality, patient safety and service quality. One of the ways we achieve that kind of partnership is through the OhioHealth Physician Group (OPG), a medical group of OhioHealth physicians, advanced practice providers and associates.
We value the expertise of our strong physician network. We seek physician and patient feedback to improve the healthcare experience. It’s one of the reasons why we are regularly ranked on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
At OhioHealth, we strive to help our physicians grow professionally and clinically. We see your education not as an expense, but as a strategic investment in the health system. Growth isn’t limited to just education, so we rely on the voices and leadership of our physicians. We have Clinical Guidance Councils, a Physician Diversity Workforce Group, and the OhioHealth Physicians Leadership Institute to help you lead, grow and innovate in all facets of your career.
For more information, please contact Tharon Caslow at (614) 570-9032 or email your CV to Tharon.email@example.com.
OhioHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted: 3/8/2023
Physicians Assistant | Mindful Weight Loss
Obesity is a disease, and our societal understanding of this condition is embarrassingly wrong. At Mindful Weight Loss, we combine the vanguard of evidence based medications with a comprehensive and holistic approach that helps all our patients lose weight. We root what we do in compassion for our patients and our treatment course can be described as a combination of science-based medication management with therapy, mindfulness and coaching.
We are seeking a compassionate and mindful Physician Assistant to join our rapidly growing concierge weight loss practice. In this position, you will perform patient intakes, follow up exams, prescribe weight loss medications, coach nutritional, physical activity and behavioral strategies, and really provide an all-encompassing care to help our patients achieve their goals. Experience with obesity medical management is preferred but not required as all the specifics of our approach will be taught in-house. The most important attribute for our ideal candidate will be empathy and communication skills. Other duties and responsibilities listed below:
- Perform throughout intake and follow up exams.
- Work closely with health coaches.
- Be very responsive to patients and treat virtually in between appointments.
- Seeing patients both in person and virtually
- Communicate with patients on appointment scheduling and treatment progress.
- Keep thorough records of all patient examinations, diagnoses, and treatments.
Physician Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Must be PANCE (Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination) certified through the NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants)
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Be open to feedback.
- Able to work with a team.
- Comfort with working in a concierge practice.
- Passionate about working with patients struggling with obesity and empathetic about helping this population of patients.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of compassion and personal ethics
- Ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Not required but preferred: Advanced education in obesity management through OMA or a primary care certificate in obesity management through AAPA
Email Vivek Gupta at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 310-220-4543 and we'll set up an interview.
Date Posted: 3/14/2023
Psychologist - Surgical Weight Loss | MutiCare Center for Weight Loss & Wellness
MultiCare Center for Weight Loss & Wellness seeks a full time Surgical Weight Loss Psychologist to join our nationally accredited team in the Puget Sound Region.
Why MultiCare Center for Weight Loss & Wellness:
• Effective, evidence-based weight loss and wellness programs and procedures in a compassionate and supportive environment
• Multi-disciplinary team includes five bariatricians, three bariatric surgeons, seven medical and seven surgical weight loss registered dietitians and two psychologists
• Current footprint includes a hub clinic in Tacoma and satellite sites in Covington, Gig Harbor, Puyallup and Olympia
• Surgical and non-surgical weight loss options
• Medical supervision through all stages of patient care
• Dedicated, one-on-one support from our expert staff
• Weight-loss plans tailored to fit patient-specific needs and health goals using a lifestyle approach
• Nationally accredited as a Comprehensive Center, under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®)
What we have to offer:
• Position with our Surgical Weight Loss team based in Tacoma, WA with up to a couple days per week spent working in our satellite clinics in Pierce and South King counties
• Collaborate with obesity medicine physicians and bariatric surgeons, dietitians, and psychologists
• Regular work schedule is Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm; no evenings, weekends or after hours call responsibility
• Be a part of an evolving specialty where your input is valued and considered during program development and innovation
• Join an established practice where you significantly impact patient wellness and quality of life while working with a team to address all aspects of the ‘dilemma’ of obesity
• Facilitate therapeutic support group and classes for patients
• Deliver staff in-services, assist in program development, and serve as a resource for providers on behavioral health resources that may benefit weight loss patients
• Competitive salary, full array of benefits and the beauty of Pacific Northwest living
What you will need:
• Doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) from an APA accredited program
• Training specific to treating weight loss patients, as well as eating disorders/disordered eating psychosocial behaviors related to obesity and wellness
• Experience with the assessment and ongoing care of weight loss patients/those with eating disorders or disordered patterns including emotional eating
• Licensed as a psychologist in the state of WA prior to employment start date
• Current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart AssociationCompensation Range:
A02 - Min: $56.32-Max: $76.39Date Posted: 3/3/2023
Clinical Dietician | Boone Health, Missouri
Boone Health is a health care system located in mid-Missouri. Boone Health is comprised of Boone Hospital Center, a 392-bed full-service hospital located in Columbia, Mo., home care services, primary care clinics and a network of affiliated hospitals and physician practices. Boone Health provides progressive health care programs, services, and technology to residents in 25 mid-Missouri counties. Boone Hospital Center was named the top hospital in mid-Missouri by U.S. News & World Report from 2015-2020 and is designated as a Magnet® Hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Additional Job Information
- Benefit Eligible
- Day Shift
- 40 Hour Work Week
Provide advanced medical nutrition therapy (nutrition assessment, nutrition screening, counseling, education, modified diet formulation, nutrition intervention, nutrition support) for in-patients and out-patients (clinic setting) appropriate to age-related needs and diagnosis/disease. Provides basic MNT for all patient populations and advanced MNT for specialized patient populations (Ketogenic, CF, Renal, SICU, PICU, NICU). Maintains high level of involvement and visibility in patient care areas.
- Assesses, makes recommendations and plans for patient's medical nutrition therapy.
- Implements medical nutrition care in collaboration with the medical team.
- Promotes dietetics through education, training and participation in research.
- Boone Health has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned.
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition
- Experience: No experience required
- Supervisor Experience: No Experience Required
- Licenses & Certification: Licensed Dietitian & Registered Dietitian
Work Shift - Day Shift (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours - 40
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should send a statement of interest, and full resume or CV to program coordinator Jennifer Tveitnes at email@example.com
For more information regarding our program please visit https://boone.health/bariatrics/
Date posted 3/1/2023
Weight Management Physician Opportunity | Hattiesburg Clinic, P.A.
Hattiesburg Clinic, P.A. ~ Weight Management Physician Opportunity
Hattiesburg Clinic is seeking a BC/BE Obesity Medicine physician to join its Weight Management center. This service is the only one of its kind in South Mississippi dedicated to weight management. The adult consultative clinic is a physician-led program providing comprehensive evaluations and management of obesity. This facility treats obesity as a chronic disease and addresses nutrition, exercise, environmental and social issues influencing weight, pharmacology and surgery.
Our team includes a board certified obesity management physician, nurse practitioner, registered dieticians, wellness nurses, bariatric surgeons and a bariatric surgery coordinator.
What we offer:
- Full-time position for a physician qualified in the evaluation and medical management of patients with obesity and obesity-related co-morbidities
- A large patient referral base
- A multi-disciplinary team and close collaboration with Bariatric Surgeons
- Monday – Friday schedule with limited call
- A first-year guaranteed salary with excellent benefits, including relocation assistance
- Completion of an accredited fellowship in Obesity Medicine or BC/BE in Obesity Medicine by the ABOM
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine, and Internal Medicine sub-specialty, or Family Medicine
- Expertise in the field of obesity medicine. This field of medicine requires competency in the genetic, biologic, environmental, social, and behavioral factors that contribute to obesity and a thorough understanding of the treatment of obesity
- Competence with all non-surgical therapeutic interventions including diet, physical activity, behavioral change, and pharmacotherapy, and in providing peri and post-surgical care of metabolic and bariatric surgery patients
- Eligible for a Mississippi medical license
Hattiesburg is located in South Mississippi, just hours away from New Orleans and the Alabama and Florida coastal areas. We are home to two universities, a DO medical school and a several residency programs. Our weather is mild year-round and we have an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities, as well as a variety of shopping and dining options.
If you are searching for a unique opportunity, please send your CV to Glenda Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 601-579-5008 or 601-606-5941.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.hattiesburgclinic.com
Date Posted 3/24/2023
Interested in Listing an Open Position?
Members of the Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) can post obesity medicine job listings for free. Submit your request to email@example.com.
Not a member? Consider joining to post your listing for free, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current rates.
All requests will be reviewed upon submission. OMA reserves the right to deny any requests that do not align with the rules and regulations, position statements, and purposes of OMA.