Terms and Conditions
Terms of Advertising
Advertising opportunities are effective for the length of time noted on the Advertiser Application and Agreement.
- The Advertiser is granted acknowledgement in OMA’s publication that was selected for the length of the advertisement secured.
- Other content published is selected by OMA’s staff members and based on its timeliness, usefulness, and relevancy to subscribers. However, advertisers are welcome and encouraged to submit relevant content to OMA’s editorial team for publication consideration. OMA reserves the right to refuse publication of any material that includes the promotion of products or brand names for use by a physician or the endorsement of specific products or brand names, including those of the Advertiser.
Terms of Exhibiting at Conferences
- Any additional exhibit booth needs, including but not limited to electrical, telecommunication, additional furniture, and/or accessories are the responsibility of the exhibitor and can be ordered through the conference decorator.
- OMA reserves the right to adjust the floor plan to meet the needs of the conferences.
- Only staff members of the exhibiting company are permitted to receive the badges and must be identified prior to each conference. Booth representative names must be submitted prior to the conference. Any additional badges are subject to a $50 charge after the deadline.
- Exhibitors who violate these rules or who engage in any activity that reflects negatively on OMA’s favorable image, goodwill, reputation, or acceptance by its members or the public, may be subject in the sole discretion of the OMA to exclusion and/or restriction, including expulsion from the exhibit hall.
- Additional rules and regulations can be found here.
Terms of Conference Sponsorship
- OMA must review and approve all promotional material. Pre- and post-conference physical mailing lists must be used within two weeks of the conference dates.
- The sponsor may not use OMA’s logo on any program materials unless provided in the social media toolkits prior to the event.
- Third-party lead retrieval needs are solely the responsibility of sponsors.
- Recognition in preliminary program materials and the onsite materials are subject to OMA’s printing deadlines and sponsorships secured.
- Sponsorship opportunities are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- OMA provides all signage at the meeting, in accordance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) regulations. Signage is positioned near the onsite registration area and away from any CME component of the conference, indicating the sponsors’ support levels and logistical details of any symposia offering. The sponsor may provide additional signage if they choose, provided approval is granted by OMA.
- OMA cannot guarantee that similar topics will not be scheduled for other sponsorship opportunities.
- Some sponsorship opportunities may run concurrent.
- Each sponsor must confirm and honor their agreement that OMA does not endorse any offerings.
Terms of Sponsorship at Fundamentals of Obesity Medicine Courses
- OMA provides only physical mailing addresses upon request for single use after each course. Email addresses, fax numbers, and phone numbers are not provided unless the lunch presentation sponsorship is secured and the attendee has opted-in. Exhibitor marketing materials must not indicate an endorsement by OMA of the product or service.
- Number of sponsors will be determined by OMA.
Terms of Corporate Advisory Council (CAC) Membership
- Membership to the CAC is at the sole discretion of the OMA Board of Trustees, who will assess whether the applicant is actively pursuing the mission of OMA.
- Each company is allowed two delegates.
- Delegate(s) names must be provided. The recorded delegate(s) are the only individuals permitted to take advantage of the permitted benefits of the CAC.
- The annual CAC membership term begins Jan. 1 and ends Dec. 31.
- Members confirm they will not directly or indirectly influence any decisions related to OMA’s educational activities.