Now Accepting Letters of Intent
The Obesity Treatment Foundation (OTF) is now accepting letters of intent from candidates seeking an obesity research grant. The Foundation will award one $15,000 research grant in 2018. Please make note of these important deadlines:
Letter of Intent Submission Deadline: June 19, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: July 3, 2018
Accepted applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal. Proposals are due by August 14, 2018.
About the Obesity Research Grants Program
The purpose of the obesity research grants program is to assist obesity medicine clinicians in engaging in clinical research focused on approaches to obesity treatment. The overall mission of the Obesity Treatment Foundation is to advance obesity treatment through clinical research and education, and by offering an obesity research grant to a qualifying clinician, the Foundation can help to amplify the quantity and quality of clinician-driven, practice-based research. Ultimately, enabling this type of obesity treatment research will increase the credibility of obesity medicine specialists and grow the field of obesity medicine.
How to Submit Your Letter of Intent
Letters of intent are due by June 19, 2018. Use this letter to describe the project, including specific aims and hypotheses. Your letter should be no longer than one page with one-inch margins and a font size no smaller than 11 points. To submit your letter of intent:
- Complete the cover page.
- Prepare your letter of intent (see tips for writing letters of intent) describing the project, including specific aims and hypotheses, on no more than one page (one-inch margins, font size 11 point or greater).
- Prepare a biographical sketch or an updated CV for the principal investigator (PI). The PI may only submit one application for this obesity research grant.
- Combine items 1-3 into one PDF document and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 19, 2018.
After Submitting Your Letter of Intent
Accepted applicants will be notified by July 3, 2018, and invited to submit a full proposal of no more than four pages (11-point Arial font; plus one additional page for budget and justification). The proposal should contain the following sections:
- Specific aims and hypotheses
- Background and reason for conducting the study; justification of the need for the study
- Design of the study; methods for data collection
- Timeline and schedule of deliverables
- Budget and budget justification
- Recent biosketch or CV (two-page maximum)
Submit the entire proposal as one PDF document to email@example.com by August 14, 2018. The grant recipient will be announced by August 29, 2018.
Purposes for Which Grant Funding May Be Used
Funds may be used for technical support and supplies. Equipment may be funded only in very rare instances where it is essential to the project and is so unique that it is not available at any nearby facilities. Such equipment requests must be well justified in the budget and approved by the review committee. PI’s salaries and travel are not funded; however, salaries for assistants to aid in the completion of the study may be funded. Expenditures of grant funds must adhere to the specific line items in your approved grant budget.