The obesity clinical discussion forum is open only to members of the Obesity Medicine Association. Participation in the online clinical discussion forum is one of the many exclusive benefits members receive. It is a private group on LinkedIn, where members can post case studies and clinical questions, share ideas and resources, and benefit from the collective knowledge of hundreds of obesity medicine clinicians.
Joining the Clinical Discussion Forum
You must have a LinkedIn profile to access the online clinical discussion forum. If you don’t already have a LinkedIn profile, create one. Make sure to use your full name so we can match it to your membership records. You can also add a professional photo and details from your resume/CV, set your preferred privacy settings, and search for your colleagues and companies you want to follow.
Once you have a LinkedIn profile, follow these instructions to join the obesity clinical discussion forum.
- Simply click here. You will be asked to log in, or if you are already logged in, you will be redirected to a page where you can request to join the clinical discussion forum. If you use the direct link, you can skip step 2.
- Or, log in to LinkedIn and type “Obesity Medicine Association” into the search bar. You will see results for a company page and a group. Make sure to click the option for the group.
- Click “Join Group” to submit a request. Staff will verify your membership status and confirm your acceptance.
- Once you receive the confirmation email, you will have full access to read, post, and comment in the discussion forum.
Getting Back to the Clinical Discussion Forum
Once you have been accepted into the obesity clinical discussion forum, you will be able to access it through your LinkedIn account. You will need to maintain your membership with the Obesity Medicine Association to always stay connected. Follow these instructions to access the private group through your LinkedIn profile.
- Simply click here. You will be asked to log in, or if you are already logged in, you will be redirected to the clinical discussion forum. If you use the direct link, you can skip steps 2-5.
- Or, log in to LinkedIn and click ”Work” on the navigation bar on the top of the page.
- Select “Groups” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “My Groups” on the top left side of the page.
- Select “Obesity Medicine Association (OMA)” from the list of your groups. This will take you to the clinical discussion forum.
Participating on the Clinical Discussion Forum
We recommend staying logged in to your LinkedIn account and checking the clinical discussion forum every day. New conversations and responses are posted daily by obesity medicine clinicians. You can also post your own questions to solicit advice and feedback from your peers.
Start a conversation by typing into the box at the top of the conversation feed. Write a short title for your conversation, then add more details. After posting your own questions, help your colleagues by commenting on their discussions. To comment, type in the box below each post.