October 3, 3019
In today’s fast-paced world, eating healthy and delicious food becomes more difficult with all of the time pressures that are placed on the average person. Also if you are traveling it is very difficult to maintain a healthy diet as most foods that are offered in airports, train stations, or bus depots are not necessarily of the healthy variety.
There are multiple ways to maintain a keto diet even when traveling or when too busy to cook. Here are some examples of that. Most of these will be prepared within 10 minutes and some of them will travel well.
Easy keto snacks on-the-go
- Roasted nuts are a good snack to travel with; they travel well, are easy to eat, and provide enough fat and protein. Preferred nuts are macadamia nuts, Brazilian nuts, and pecans.
- Cheese puffs and cheese chips may also be used as snacks and travel food.
- Veggies, cut in small pieces or flourettes.
- Cheese cubes can be packaged in small baggies for travel.
- Bacon can be precooked and packaged to provide fat.
- Other options include: Boiled eggs, pumpkin seeds, pickled cucumbers, egg muffins, olives, celery with cream cheese, dark chocolate, caprese salad, sausage with cheese.
Egg Muffin Recipe
- A dozen eggs
- 4 ounces of cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Various other fillings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Eggs tend to stick even on nonstick surfaces.
- Crack one egg in each cupcake liner and add your choice of filling. In this recipe bacon is the filler. You may use various other things, including shredded cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, jalapenos, spinach, avocados, onions, garlic, etc. Just experiment and have fun.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.
The options for quick meals at home or for ketogenic foods while traveling are quite varied. To learn more about the benefits of the ketogenic diet, see our Ketogenic Diet 101.