OMA Cancellation Policy
Written notice of cancellation is required. Email your refund request directly to email@example.com. A $100 cancellation fee will be deducted for cancellations received by Sept. 23, 2020. Refunds are not granted for cancellations received after Sept. 23, 2020, or for no-shows.
If you purchased “registration + first-time membership” bundle, only the registration portion of your payment is refundable and is subject to the cancellation fee schedule outlined above.
Refunds will not be granted for any printed syllabus order.
OMA CME Policy
The deadline to claim credit for this conference is Nov. 11, 2020.
Conference Registration Policies
- Upon receipt of your paid registration, you will receive a receipt for your purchase and confirmation email with more conference details.
- Please provide an email address you check frequently; important conference information will be communicated to you via email. If you do not receive your confirmation email, check your junk and SPAM folders.
- Registration is non-transferable.
- CME/CE LIVE credit may differ for live attendance versus on-demand viewing of sessions. See the Accreditation page for more information, and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- CME/CE credit must be claimed by November 11, 2020 for live attendance. Live credit will not be awarded after this date.
- Credit claiming for on-demand lectures will be available in your Obesity Medicine Academy account for 3 years, until November 11, 2023.
- Purchase of the conference registration + first-time membership bundle option is available only to first-time members. New membership will not be processed for individuals eligible to rejoin or renew.
- Registrants/attendees must be 18 years or older. Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to register.
- Only registered attendees have access to online educational sessions, breaks, meals, receptions, exhibit hall, and/or related activities.
- Companies exhibiting with one or more representatives registered for the event are not permitted to promote their companies, products, or services in or during the education sessions.
- No personal audio recording or videotaping is allowed.
- OMA reserves the right to remove an individual from the conference at its sole discretion (including without warning or refund) if it is determined that participation or behavior create a disruption or hinder the event. Disruptive behavior includes, but is not limited to, behavior or comments that are defamatory, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or that in any way fail to comply with these guidelines.
- OMA is not responsible for individual’s internet bandwidth or streaming capabilities for virtual event component.
- Program details are subject to change.
- Registrant’s physical mailing addresses are shared with exhibitors for a pre- and post-conference mailing. To opt out from having your mailing address given to exhibitors, submit a request to email@example.com.
- Exhibitors may request your information on their company page listing. By allowing this, you agree to share your name, email and phone number with the exhibiting company.
- Registration and attendance at or participation in OMA-sponsored events/activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant for OMA’s use and distribution of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions, and audio recordings of such events/activities.
- OMA seeks to avoid antitrust violations in connection with its activities, so participants should avoid engaging in conduct that gives even the appearance of an impermissible conversation, agreement, alliance, or impropriety. Discussions among attendees, speakers, exhibitors, board members, and staff must be kept free of even the suggestion of restraint of trade or the selection of suppliers, customers, or prices.
The material presented at OMA events is made available for educational purposes only. Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of OMA. The material presented is not intended to represent the only or necessarily the best method or procedure appropriate for the medical situations discussed. Instead, it is intended to present an approach, view, statement, or opinion of the faculty that may be helpful to others who face similar situations. OMA disclaims any and all liability for injury or other damages resulting to any individual or company attending the meeting or viewing pages on www.obesitymedicine.org and for all claims that may arise out of the use of the techniques demonstrated therein by such individuals, whether these claims shall be asserted by a physician or any other person. Each learner is responsible for becoming familiar with laws and prescribing limitations within his or her own state before practicing various therapies.
In accordance with OMA policy, commercial companies may apply to advertise in OMA publications. Approval does not imply OMA’s endorsement or official recognition of particular products or services.