The Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) has compiled a list of resources for you during the COVID-19 pandemic. These resources include articles, webinars, and information for you as a clinician, for your patients, and for your practice. This page will be updated regularly with new content.
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) | This article goes into detail about the CARES Act, which contains a mixture of relief measures for businesses. Learn about the Paycheck Protection Program and how your business can benefit.
- Obesity Medicine Association Guidance on Obesity and Coronavirus (COVID-19) | During this most unique of times, Obesity Medicine Specialists should be mindful of the potential impact of COVID-19 on individuals with obesity.
- Coping with Stress During COVID-19: The Long and Short Term Implications | The rise of COVID-19 and the associated health & safety measures has had a significant impact on our daily lives. Learn strategies for reducing stress and practicing wellness during this unprecedented time.
- COVID-19: Eating Healthy While Working from Home | Working from home can make it tough to keep your nutrition in check. Learn 8 tips for staying healthy while still being productive.
- How to Workout at Home | If your workout options are limited, you can still achieve an effective at-home workout using the SMART goal setting technique.
- COVID-19: 7 Tips for Working Out at Home | Being confined, whether you are working from home or practicing self-isolation, is a good time to think creatively to keep moving. Learn 7 tips for maintaining daily exercise.
- 7 Tips for Relaxation and Stress Relief During COVID-19 | During these uncertain times, it is vital to keep your mind focused and relaxed.Learn 7 helpful tips for relaxation & stress relief.
- Mental Health Tips During Social Distancing | The mental health of many individuals has been affected by social distancing measures. Find 5 helpful tips to help you navigate the mental health challenges incurred by COVID-19.
- Episode 15: Clinical Conversations: COVID-19 and Obesity | What are some impacts of COVID-19 on patients with obesity? OMA Chief Science Officer, Dr. Harold Bays interviews Dr. Lydia Alexander about the recent COVID-19 pandemic.
- Telemedicine and COVID-19: Documentation and Coding for Remote Patient Visits
1 CME/CE | Member price: Free | Non-member price: Free
- Using Telemedicine for Pediatric Obesity Management
1.0 CME/CE | Member price: Free | Non-member price: $26
2.0 CME/CE | Member price: $40 | Non-member price: $52
Obesity Medicine 4-Week Student or Resident Education
Free 4-week student and resident education | With the increased restriction on individuals allowed in hospitals and clinical settings, many students and residents are not being allowed to participate in their scheduled clinical rotations. If there are gaps in your students learning, OMA has created education and a curriculum for a FREE four-week obesity medicine “supplemental education” program that can be completed remotely/online.NOTE: Requests for access to this curriculum must come directly from the institution.
CARES Act Webinar
This webinar goes into detail about the CARES Act, which contains a mixture of relief measures for businesses. Included in the CARES act is the Paycheck Protection Program - a program that gives businesses with fewer than 500 employees loans to help cover payroll and other costs. Learn who can apply, where to apply, what the loan can be used for, what counts as payroll, how much you can borrow, and how much can be forgiven.
Application through SBA lender: https://www.sba.gov/paycheckprotection/find